Why Hire a Professional Drone Photographer?
We bring to the table experience, certification, and professional-grade equipment.
Our primary drone pilot, Beau, has over 15 years of professional photography experience, and has applied his creative eye to drone imagery for nearly two years.
Did you know it’s actually illegal to conduct commercial drone photography without an FAA certification? We maintain an FAA 107 certification, as well as insurance, so your products are fully compliant with current real estate and commercial law. Our drones are registered with the FAA.
Our primary drone is the DJI Phantom 4, which utilizes a 4K camera for high resolution, stable, crisp video and images. We also utilize the DJI Mavic Pro, our go-to for action sports and other fast-moving video environments. We utilize Adobe Photoshop and other premium software suites to create your finished product.
Finally, we are your one-stop shop, providing both drone imagery and comprehensive post-production, so you’ll have a finished product ready for publication on your website, YouTube, or other preferred platform.
What Are The Benefits of Drone Imagery For Real Estate?
More and more, clients are shopping online before they visit physical listing sites, and providing as much of an immersive experience as possible is a huge benefit!
The Journal News noted drones are being used to create aerial photography that can help deliver a panoramic view of a property, particularly a luxury property that may include high-end amenities such as a horse pasture, pools, outbuildings and more.
Additionally, according to Digital Journal and the Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP), drone videos allow potential investors to see every inch of their property right at the initial phase of the deal. This makes brokers who offer aerial drone videos more attractive to buyers.
Drone images and video are perfect for:
- Compelling, visually striking images that will capture a shopper’s attention
- Dynamic virtual tours of exterior and interior features
- Highlighting neighborhood features, views, and local surroundings
Finally, utilizing drone imagery will demonstrate that you are on the cutting edge of real estate marketing techniques.
The National Association of Realtors recently published a Field Guide to Drones & Real Estate, which includes useful information, FAQS, and several links to articles highlighting the increasing value of drone photography for real estate.
As Tom Salomone, president of the National Association of Realtors put it, Drone technology offers a tremendous opportunity for the business of real estate.
What Should I Expect for a Real Estate Session?
Once we’ve decided to work together, we’ll review your site address(es) to ensure no additional permits or airspace deconfliction is required. On the day of your photo shoot – which we’ll select with you to ensure we have good weather for flight – we’ll walk the property, taking note of any features you particularly want to highlight, as well as those you’d rather downplay. Once we understand your objectives, we’ll take a range of photos and video. Most of our shoots are conducted at the 50-300 foot elevation range.
After your session, based on your package, we’ll either prepare the raw photos and video for you, or conduct post-production services. For standard packages, you can usually expect 10-20 still photos and/or about a minute and a half of video. This may not seem like much, but viewers usually have a short attention span. This is the perfect length to showcase your property.
Questions To Ask Your Prospective Drone Operator:
- Are You FAA Part 107 Certified? GlacialEscape LLC has FAA Part 107 Certification – copies of certification available upon request.
- Do You Have Drone Operator Liability Insurance? This is a specific type of insurance, different from general commercial or business liability insurance. GlacialEscape LLC maintains $1million in liability insurance for commercial drone operations.
- Can You Shoot Interior Photo and Video? Yes! Certain drones – including those used by GlacialEscape LLC – have stabilized gimbals offering a smooth video product that can’t be captured with a standard hand-held camera. We also offer traditional photography in conjunction with drone imagery, leveraging 15+ years of experience shooting DSLR equipment.
- What’s Your Weather Policy? Certain weather conditions, including winds, can make drone operations unsafe. GlacialEscape LLC will work with you to identify the opportune weather window for your shoot, and is available for short-notice sessions based on good weather.
- What’s Your Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy? GlacialEscape LLC requires a deposit, but will work with you if you need to reschedule your session.
How Much Does It Cost?
We offer a range of packages depending on your requirements.
All rates and packages include our standard $1 million liability insurance policy coverage.
Our Base Drone Operations Charge is $100/hour, with a one-hour minimum.
If you prefer a custom package, digital editing rates start at $100/hour, with a one-hour minimum.
Interested? Let's Talk About Your Project.
What Else Can I Do With Drone Photo or Video?
Drone photo and video provides great utility beyond real estate and marketing images. Overhead imagery is ideal for:
Aerial Inspections * Resort Marketing/PR * Golf Courses & Property Flyovers * Action & Adventure Sports * Backcountry & Wilderness Activities * Weddings & Parties * Festivals & Concerts * Promotional Videos * Community Events * Private Events * Corporate Events * Insurance Appraisals * Damage Assessment * Construction Site Evaluation * Construction Progress Monitoring * Construction Marketing * Demo Videos * Rooftop Inspections & Survey * Agricultural Inspection